Olives are the stars of our products, but they aren’t working alone. After all, olive trees grow more than just olives.
Meet: olive leaves, and their derivative olive leaf water. Olive leaf water is on the rise in skincare — and you’ll find it as one of the stars in our products here at Furtuna Skin. But what exactly is olive leaf water, and how can it help you and your pores?
Read on as we give you the breakdown.
What Is Olive Leaf Water?
The often-forgotten decoration of Olea Europaea L., the slender leaves of olive trees are valued for more than just their elegant looks. Olive leaf extract is a powerful phytochemical ingredient that carries with it as many health benefits as olives.
Like olives, olive leaf extract draws on the power of oleuropein, a natural antimicrobial compound that supports cell regeneration and delivers powerful health benefits all across your body, not just on your face. Like regular water but better, olive leaf water and its antioxidant activity will refresh your skin – but it can do much more.
What Are the Health Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract?
Caring for your skin means more than just smoothing wrinkles or cleansing breakouts – it means caring for your body. We at Furtuna Skin believe skincare can and should be a full-body healthcare experience. In addition to the beauty benefits of olive leaf water, our ingredients support your overall health.
- Cholesterol Concerns: Though LDLS and triglycerides can cause dangerously high cholesterol levels, not all fats are bad for you. In fact, many lipids come with significant health benefits – olives are high in healthy fats that can boost energy and support cell growth. To prevent conditions like hypertension and atherosclerosis and avoid blood sugar levels, try out a Mediterranean diet that provides a simultaneous nutritious and delicious meal.
- Supporting Heart Health: Managing cholesterol and blood glucose levels is also good for your cardiovascular system. Nobody wants to develop heart disease or high blood pressure, so take cues from traditional medicine, which has long since understood the antioxidant properties of oleuropein. To naturally support heart and human health, look no further than the olive tree and the powerful effects of olive leaf extract.
What Are the Beauty Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract?
Olive leaves are enriched by the power of natural nutrients: flavonoids, polyphenols, and
hydroxytyrosols all work together to promote healthy and beautiful skin. With the ability to soothe skin and promote healing, it’s no surprise olive leaf water is one of the leading ingredients in clean beauty.
- Natural Moisture: Olive is nature’s moisturizer. Olives are full of vitamins and antioxidants that support supple and glowing skin, making them the perfect clean beauty ingredient. From targeted serums to replenishing balms, olive leaf extract delivers some much-needed moisture to skin worn down by harsh cleansing products.
- Protection and Prevention: Oil-based creams and serums are thicker than water-based solutions, leaving a thicker barrier on the skin after use. These barriers protect your skin from outside irritants like dirt that can settle into creases and clog pores. With increased protection with each use, nutrient-rich olive oil products can prevent skin concerns before they have the chance to develop.
Can Olive Leaf Water Help Clogged Pores?
Clogged pores are nobody’s friend. To reduce these pesky spots, prevention is key. But to understand how to avoid clogged pores, it’s helpful to first understand how they develop.
What Causes Clogged Pores?
Lots of things can contribute to clogged pores. From dead skin cells to leftover makeup products to just plain dirt, unwanted matter can cause buildup on the surface of your skin. When this buildup settles, it can clog your pores and cause all kinds of problems.
Symptoms of clogged pores can vary. Sometimes, minor pimples or whiteheads can occur; other times, deeper blackheads and cysts can develop. Whether you’re dealing with small breakouts or chronic acne, unclogging pores is a top priority for smoothing skin.
Preventing buildup on the surface of your skin may seem difficult, but with a few key products, the task is simpler than it at first appears.
- First, Cleanse: Before you can prevent buildup, you have to first clear the skin of any excess products and substances. Using a gentle yet powerful facial cleanser, wash your face regularly, focusing on areas of skin that seem most prone to breakouts. Olive leaf extract cleansers deliver phenolic compounds as you wash that can soothe and refresh skin while clearing away unwanted matter.
Our Micellar Cleansing Essence refreshes the surface of your skin by drawing out dirt and removing impurities. After you cleanse, your skin will readily drink up the active botanicals and key ingredients in your skincare products.
- Next, Brighten: With clean skin, the possibilities are endless for different treatments and tinctures. Face and eye serums with antioxidant properties can reduce the appearance of dark spots and minimize redness, giving your face a gentle glow. Prioritize natural ingredients like extra virgin olive oil that will brighten skin and leave you feeling confident.
Our Face and Eye Serum is the perfect option because our formula works to plump, smooth, and rejuvenate both the face and eye area. Our consumer study participants agree, with 8 out of 10 users speaking to the rejuvenation benefits.
- Finally, Moisturize: Once you’ve drawn out the dirt weighing down your skin and brightened your face for a natural glow, it’s time to protect. Olive oil-based products are the best option for moisturizing serums and creams because they combine the power of natural lipids and clean ingredients that protect your skin from further or future buildup.
Introducing Biphase Moisturizing Oil and Micellar Cleansing Essence
Our Micellar Cleansing Essence also features an olive leaf water base to tone and cleanse without stripping or drying out your skin. Rich in polysaccharides and antioxidants, our Micellar Cleansing Essence works to clear away dirt and grime while also delivering nutrients and a healthy glow.
Using an oil-based moisturizer isn't enough to nourish skin and prevent unwanted buildup. Harnessing the power of the olive tree is the best way to hydrate your skin.
Our Biphase Moisturizing Oil uses olive oil and olive leaf water to deliver a double dose of hydration that your skin will love — our combination of oil and water provides unique benefits when it comes to texture, performance, absorption, and even ease of use.
Made from 100% sustainable and 99.9% natural ingredients, our clean formula works to replenish your skin’s moisture barrier by visibly plumping skin. And with an additional 12 organic plants forged from the wild, this oil is the perfect way to incorporate olive's health benefits into your skincare routine. Our olive leaf water protects, soothes, and offers skin-quenching moisture while also delivering key antioxidants.
The Furtuna Skin Difference
Many common skincare products can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to a dry, cracking surface riddled with side effects like redness and irritation. But here at Furtuna Skin, we understand the value of natural oils. That’s why our products harvest the power of olive oil and olive leaf water to refresh and replenish your skin.
For skin hydration that you can see and feel, choose skincare products that care for your skin without sacrificing its natural oils. Choose olive leaf water.
Know the Facts about Fats | Harvard Health
Oleuropein, Unexpected Benefits! | PMC
Clogged Pores: What They Are, Causes, Treatment & Prevention | Cleveland Clinic