You can cut corners in some places in life, but skincare should not be one of them. While generic brands might be satisfactory for household sandwich bags or toothpaste, your skin is worth so much more — especially when it comes to cleansing and caring for your face.
Why Is Skincare Important?
Your skin is the largest organ in your body — or, more accurately, on your body. It requires nourishment and nutrients, just like your other organs. Without them, your skin can become itchy, irritated, and feel less than its best.
Investing in a good skincare routine is essential to help keep your skin looking and feeling fresh. But not just any products will do. To relieve dryness and help reduce the appearance of dark spots, luxury skincare formulations can provide your skin with the minimum active ingredients it needs.
But your skin deserves better than the bare minimum.
Luxury skincare is about treating your skin with the gentleness and delicacy it is worth. The world can be tough on your body, and the stress of daily life can leave your skin feeling heavy and tired. But it doesn’t have to stay that way.
You deserve to feel luxurious in every part of your life — including how you care for your skin.
What Is Luxury Skincare?
With self-care on people's minds everywhere, beauty editors are all too eager to jump on the trending luxury skincare bandwagon. But luxury means more than fancy labels and diamond-studded packages. No matter how pretty a generic lotion is packaged, luxury can’t be made in a lab or processed in a chemical plant.
True luxury, like a diamond or a pearl, comes straight from the earth.
Nature’s Model of Luxury
When the world is full of so many beautiful things, why should anyone look farther than the outdoors for inspiration?
From graceful olive trees full of antioxidants to beautiful lilac blooms bursting with stem cells, everything a luxury skincare brand could ever want lies just beyond the horizon. But not every company understands this.
Many luxury skincare brands promise luxury in their products yet fill their formulations with lesser quality ingredients. But true luxe cannot be designed. Real luxury skincare products can be best for your skin because they are made with only the best ingredients. Too often, a knockoff product promises impossible results for a high price tag.
A true luxury skincare formulation blends science and nature to boost your skin’s health with vitamins and antioxidants that help naturally support your skin.
Here at Furtuna Skin, luxury matters. To us, luxury means artisanal craftsmanship, high performance, clinical effectiveness, and high integrity — and with our products, you can rest assured that you are getting the best of the best.
What Are Some Luxury Skincare Ingredients?
When looking for luxury in your skincare products, focus on choosing natural products made from the best ingredients. Synthetic chemicals, SPF sunscreens included, will not do. Luxury skincare, from eye creams to face creams and exfoliants, comes from nature herself.
The best luxury ingredients may include:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Olive Leaf Water: Olives are good for more than a martini. With natural compounds like oleuropein that can support collagen production when ingested, these small fruits have made some big impacts — even when it comes to luxury skincare. The leaves from olive trees hold just as many benefits: hydrating repair serums made from olive leaf water can help soothe skin.
- Lilacs: Lilac stem cell oil can help soothe puffiness and dark circles in the eye area and may even help ease skin irritation. Look for lilacs as a luxury skincare ingredient to reap the moisturizing, soothing, and rejuvenating benefits.
- Nigella Damascena: The nigella damascena flower is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that make it highly beneficial for skin health. Nigella damascena is nutrient-rich, with plenty of fatty acids and vitamins, and can help minimize the appearance of discoloration.
- Anchusa Azurea: Anchusa azurea is a flower rich in soothing benefits that can help ease skin and support a healthy-looking glow. Anchusa azurea is rich in nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin B9.
- The Common Grape: Another Mediterranean ingredient, grapes are popular for more than just their nutritional value. Also known by its scientific name, Vitis vinifera, this potent plant is known for its protective properties. Grapes are a popular ingredient in luxury skincare products, full of vitamin c and other antioxidants that support hydration and ward off dry skin.
- Bakuchiol: Nature’s retinol, this floral bloom is a natural alternative to harsher retinoid serums. With the same ability to help brighten the look of dark spots and reduce the appearance of fine lines without uncomfortable side effects like sensitivity, bakuchiol can support your skin without provoking irritation or dryness. Consider the plant a luxe alternative to retinol.
How Can I Incorporate Luxury Skincare into My Routine?
Are you ready to bring a level of luxury to your skincare routine? By integrating high-quality formulations into your mornings and evenings, you can start to treat your skin right, one simple step at a time.
The first step in bringing luxury to your life is to upgrade your skincare routine with a fabulous daily cleanser.
Made to rid your skin of the dirt and grime of the day, a good cleanser like our Micellar Cleansing Essence should leave your skin feeling fresh and lightweight — without stripping away your natural oils. Gentleness is key, so look for formulations prioritizing clean ingredients and antioxidants in their composition.
After wiping away the stress of the day, toners can help bring your skin back into balance. With a focus on hydration and brightening, bestselling toners use natural ingredients that can help support a healthy skin pH level and reduce the appearance of pores. Our Micellar Essence is a cleanser and toner in one.
By soothing and smoothing your skin, toning essences can provide a natural refreshment that delivers luxury from the inside out.
To seal in all of the nourishment from your cleansers and toners, invest in a luxe moisturizer to cap off your luxury skincare routine.
With nature’s powerhouse of peptides and enzymes, all skin types and skin tones can benefit from a good moisturizer, no matter what your skin concerns are.
So, whether you prefer face oils, eye serums, or skin balms, hydrate your skin with the best ingredients to give your face a dewy finish that friends and dermatologists alike will envy.
The Bottom Line: Is Luxury Skincare Worth It?
Here at Furtuna Skin, we understand that the best products come from the best ingredients. In order to provide luxury skincare, we source our ingredients straight from the land.
From hydrating serum to moisturizing oils, all of our products are 100% sustainably sourced with botanical ingredients so you can rest easy knowing your skincare is as good for the earth as it is for you. Some of our luxury skincare products include:
- Face and Eye Serum: this multitasking serum helps relieve under-eye puffiness, diminish the appearance of dark circles, and lift sagging skin.
- Biphase Moisturizing Oil: this lightweight, dual-phase oil provides long-lasting hydration and protects skin against free radicals and damaging blue light.
- Replenishing Balm: intensive moisturizing treatment envelops dry, sensitive skin in a nourishing protective layer. The reparative balm helps soothe stressed skin and restore luminosity.
By investing in luxury skincare, your skin can look and feel as good as you do. That kind of confidence is worth any price tag.
Bioactive Compounds for Skin Health: A Review | PMC
Bakuchiol: A Retinol-Like Functional Compound Revealed by Gene Expression Profiling and Clinically Proven to Have Anti-Aging Effects | National Library of Medicine
Antioxidants in dermatology | PMC
Plant stem cells and their applications: special emphasis on their marketed products | PMC